Abstract 1 on 29 November 2018 Edit C AND How I Organize and Keep Track of My Already Used Image Files!
Title: “Abstract #1 on 29 November 2018, Edit C.”
Copyright 2018 Nawfal Johnson .
All Rights Reserved.
Original Medium: Oil Pastels.
Original Material: Art Paper.
Final Style and Medium: Abstract Expressionism, Photography.
☆ Buy My Fine Art Photography Prints and Canvas Artworks at the following Link:
⊙How I Organize and Keep Track of My Already Used Image Files!
I used to think I was organized. I must have been lying to myself just to make myself feel better about, 1) My lack of good organization systems; or, 2) My chaotic memory….Or…Both.
■ The problem with having a bad organization system for your photography files.
If you lack organization with your photo files, you may not know which photo files you have worked with, which have been edited, which have been used already, and those you wanted to delete.
● A Solution — My Solution, in Steps:
- I download files from my camera SD card into one general folder on my device SD card.
- Since I deleted most files I wanted to delete already, in camera, while doing my RAW conversions, I can start moving individual photos to specific folders; for example, “Cloud Art”, “ABSTRACT EXPRESSIONISM”, etc.
- I organize my photos alphabetically, so when I choose to design a new art piece, I usually start with the first one in the folder.
- I rename the file and add the label, “Orig” for original, so I know it is Edit A in my Naming System.
- After I do all of my design work to my art piece, and have loaded the new artwork to my http://nawfalnur.imagekind.com/ web gallery, and have added it to a new photo blog post, I can now relocate the “Orig” file and my new artwork file, to an offsite cloud server.
- I may also make a copy and put the files on an extra hard drive.
- When I make sure the finished artwork files have all been removed from my device SD card, then I don’t need to remember later, if I have worked with the files already, and it saves device SD card space also.
That is my method of working with new photo files and organizing them. I need to do this, or, it would make my Photography Life even more chaotic than it needs to be.
action, art, beautiful, black, blue, bright, brown, chaos-legion, cheerful, color, coma, digital, equal, expressionism, geometric, green, iritis, JACKSONPOLLOCK, johnson, mirrored, modernism, mondrian, Nawfal, opposite, orange, photography, purple, rothko, squirrels, suns-and-moons, universe, vertical, white, world, yellow, ambidextrous, Rorschach, pastels, photography, digitalworldart, galaxy, wild